LIVE UNITED today, tomorrow and forever
Every day, United Way supporters create opportunities and inspire hope for a better tomorrow. There’s a way to continue your support forever: make a legacy gift to the United Way of Snohomish County Endowment.
Endowment creates tangible and sustainable resources that are dedicated, forever, to our mission.
United Way of Snohomish County has worked to improve the quality of life and advance the common good in our community since 1941.
The work of today may not be the work of tomorrow. Our population will continue to grow and change. Challenges we have not envisioned will arise.
The United Way Endowment will guarantee our ability to respond to the changing landscape of Snohomish County. It will build capacity for both present and future needs, for generations to come, to achieve lasting community impact beyond what an annual campaign can accomplish.
The United Way of Snohomish County Endowment consists of two funds. Donors may direct their gifts to either, or both funds. Each fund has a distinct focus.
The Impact Fund
Investing in community work
- grants, programs and services
- address emerging needs and issues
- build community capacity
- provide emergency funding in response to critical changes in community conditions
The Sustaining Fund
Infrastructure and operations
Ultimately, this fund will secure organizational capacity, cover overhead and allow more of every donation to go toward community programs and services. This fund supports:
- United Way staffing
- facility, maintenance and operations
- new technology
Ways to Give
- Make an outright gift of cash or stock.
- Make a planned gift through your will or living trust.
- Designate United Way as a beneficiary of a retirement account.
- Donate a new or existing life insurance policy.
- One-time gifts are gratefully accepted. Multi-year pledges can be accommodated and may allow a higher level of commitment. However you choose to give, your generosity is deeply appreciated.
Here are examples of pledges over five years. We would be happy to talk with you about a gift that is appropriate for you.
Extend Your Annual Gift
Consider making a gift that will continue your annual contribution for years to come. As an example, a gift of $25,000 to the endowment creates $1,000 in revenue every year to United Way. And your gift will continue to grow forever.
For more information, or to make your gift to the United Way Endowment, please contact Kay Fantin, Director of Engagement at 425.374.5528.