Free Tax Preparation Campaign
Sites open from January 22 – April 15, 2013
United Way of Snohomish County provides free tax preparation and access to the Earned Income Tax Credit and other tax credits to help working families increase their incomes and create savings. The Tax Campaign allows people to keep more of their hard-earned money and avoid paying unnecessary fees for commercial tax preparation and "refund anticipation" services.
Keep more of what you earn!
You may be eligible for thousands of dollars in tax credits when you file your income tax return. If you earned between $1 - $51,000 in 2012, you may qualify to claim up to $5,891 from the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
2013 Free Tax Preparation Site Locations
If you made less than $51,000 in 2012, come get your federal income taxes prepared and e-filed FREE for a fast refund. From January 22 to April 15, 2013, visit a free tax preparation site near you:
Goodwill's South Everett
North Middle School
South Everett Foursquare
Cedar Valley Community School
Park Place Middle School
Receive free tax preparation help on a first-come, first-served basis at a site near you. Many sites get very crowded—especially during January and April. Arrive as close to the site’s opening time as possible for the best chance of receiving service.
About Free Tax Preparation
- This service is available for households earning $51,000 a year or less.
- Tax returns are prepared by IRS-certified, multilingual volunteers.
- No appointment necessary.
- You may be eligible for claiming child/student related credits for larger refunds.
- We can help you apply for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
- Basic tax returns only. No business taxes, rental income or sale of property or stock. Self-employment expenses limited to $5,000
- Work with our trained Asset Specialist to find out which health, medical and food assistance programs you and your family are eligible for on-site.
- Picture ID - Required.
- Social Security card or ITIN number and dates of birth for everyone on your return.
- W-2s or other income statements for you and your spouse from ALL your employers.
- Any 1099 forms (for income from interest, dividends, retirement, social security or unemployment).
- Name, address and taxpayer identification number of child care provider, if you pay for child care.
- Records of student loan payments.
- Records of payments for educational expenses, such as college tuition.
- Mortgage interest and property tax statements, if you own a home.
- Bank account number for direct deposit.
- A copy of last year's tax return, if you have it.
- If filing jointly, both filer and spouse must be present to file electronically.
Want to check the status of your refund?
Once your return has been filed, you can check your refund status with the IRS' Where's My Refund tool.
Free Tax Preparation Marketing Materials
Please feel free to share information about our free tax preparation sites with your community group, club, organization or church. If you would be interested in distributing commercially printed versions of our marketing materials, please call Jessica Gaitan at 425.374.5530 to place your order.
Need a copy of a previous year’s return?
United Way of Snohomish County does not keep copies of tax returns prepared at our sites after the filing deadline, but you can obtain a copy from the IRS.