Thursday, July 9, 2015
What is Project Homeless Connect?
Project Homeless Connect (PHC) is an annual, one-day event that brings together, in a single location, a wide variety of community volunteers and services for individuals and families experiencing homelessness. Direct services are provided on site to help combat homelessness and related issues.
For the seventh year in a row, PHC was held Everett. In 2015, we served more than 1,000 clients at the event. Every year, on this day, services are provided free of charge to individuals and families seeking assistance. A sample of the services that we provided include:
- DSHS eligibility screening
- Social Security eligibility screening
- Housing Information
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Foot care
- Vision screening and eyeglass vouchers
- Pet care
- Mental health assessment and brief counseling
- Substance abuse screening
- Hearing screening and assistance with hearing aids
- Hepatitis testing and vaccination
- HIV/AIDS testing
- Homeless veteran outreach
- Child support services
- Children’s books
- Hot meals
- Backpacks filled with toiletries
Have more questions or need more info?
If you have any general questions about the event or would like additional information, please contact Maya Hemachandra at 425.374.5524.