Working together matters
One of the most important resources we have is our partners. United Way is engaging people from business, government and nonprofits, as well as ordinary citizens. A long-term commitment is essential when tackling the issues that matter most. Working together, we can get results that no one can accomplish alone.
Whether it’s through a grant to a nonprofit for direct services, a collaborative effort on a community-wide initiative, or a corporate sponsorship of United Way’s work, each partnership and project addresses one of our target areas.
- More children enter school ready to learn and succeed.
- More youth develop life skills and reach their full potential.
- More families have access to the basic needs of food, shelter,
and health care.
- Families are strengthened and become self-sufficient.
- People are better able to get community support and get involved.
- Neighborhoods are vital, safe and connected.