Want to get a good idea of what the CORE Collaborative approach looks like in practice? Watch the series of videos below.
1. MEET TISHA AND LEARN MORE ABOUT POVERTY IN SNOHOMISH COUNTY
2. TISHA'S MOM IS STRESSED AND OVERWHELMED
There are many helpful and vital basic needs assistance programs that exist for families like Tisha's. But, as Tisha's mom demonstrates, navigating the options and eligibility requirements can be confusing and overwhelming.
3. LEARN ABOUT UNITED WAY'S APPROACH THAT HELPS THE WHOLE FAMILY
Thankfully for Tisha, her school is a partner in a CORE Collaborative. Because of this, her teacher understands that Tisha’s hunger is about more than just food. See how the Collaborative works to address not only Tisha's needs but the needs of the whole family.
4. WHAT IS CORE AND WHY DOES IT MATTER?
CORE is about placing the whole family, like Tisha’s, at the center of a collaborative partnership where multiple nonprofit, public, and private partners work with families to remove the barriers that can keep them trapped in poverty. Learn more in this video.
5. LEARN HOW THIS COLLABORATIVE APPROACH EMPOWERS TISHA'S FAMILY
But through this collaborative approach, Tisha and her family found their own unique road to success. Watch to see the changes in their lives three months later, after working with the Collaborative on a family plan.
6. MEET CAMI AND SEE HOW CORE CAN REMOVE BARRIERS FOR ALL FAMILIES
You’ve learned about Tisha’s struggles and how this innovative, CORE approach can change lives. But now we’d like you to meet Cami. Cami and her family can find success, too. And you can help!