Volunteer for Free Tax Prep 2018
- Welcome taxpayers at a drop-off location
- Collect all associated paperwork from taxpayers during the 20-minute in-person interview
- Answer tax-related questions to determine all income, deductions, and allowable credits are claimed
- Recognize tax returns that are out of scope for the program
- Process all associated paperwork for off-site preparation
- Assist taxpayers with the filing process
- Work in tandem with tax counselors to prepare previously screened returns that are dropped off during the week
- Prepare taxpayer returns at Edmonds Community College (Edmonds / Lynnwood) or United Way of Snohomish County (Everett)
- Upload completed returns to a secure electronic drive to be picked up by taxpayers at the corresponding drop off location
All volunteer tax preparers become IRS-certified to prepare tax returns for households. (Training provided. Download training dates.)
Download a full Tax Preparer position description.
Sign Up To Volunteer
Sign up here to volunteer as a Tax Preparer or Tax Counselor at locations throughout Snohomish County.
Doing good is good for you!
- Learn new skills and receive free training in tax topics
- Build your resume and professional references
- Earn volunteer hours
- Network with other volunteers
- Be invited to an end-of-year celebration for you and a guest
- Help people get back more of what they earn!
Are you looking to learn more about getting your taxes done?
“Since using United Way’s free tax preparation in 2009, I have always received my maximum refund. I love getting help from United Way; their services are fast and accurate.”
A couple of years ago was extra special, because Leah filed to become an American citizen through the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and was sworn in April 19th. Filing for citizenship is expensive, Leah was able to use her tax refund to help pay for the filing process, and still have a cushion of money for her daughter.
Thanks to Our Sponsors