FAMILIES AT THE CORE
Our new CORE work places the whole family at the center of a collaborative partnership where multiple nonprofit, public, and private partners are working together to meet not only the needs of the child, but those of the entire family.
The 2-Generational Approach places families at the core, supporting holistic programs and services that surround and simultaneously serve both children birth to age 8 and the adults in their lives.
WHY YOUNG CHILDREN?
- In the first few years of life, brain development occurs at an astonishing rate.
- A child’s readiness for school is a strong determinant of how well he or she will fare as an adult.
- Reading by age 8 is a strong predictor of a child’s future success.
- Investments in early learning yield significant returns to the economy and prosperity for all.
- Nurturing in those early years, including the development of executive functioning skills and avoidance of toxic stress, has a profound effect on a child’s learning and well-being.