AARP Foundation Tax-Aide acquires United Way of Snohomish County Tax Prep Program
Why is AARP acquiring United Way’s Tax Prep Program?
AARP is known for its robust and effective Tax-Aide tax preparation program that has been around for more than 50 years. With multiple locations throughout Snohomish County, AARP has the established infrastructure and expertise for this service in the community.
Why are you no longer running your own Tax Prep Program?
- More free- to low-cost tax prep services are available now than a decade ago, including online options that many households use.
- We have had a steady decline in the number of volunteers interested in the program year after year.
- The number of clients coming to our tax sites has also seen a steady decline every year.
- Funding for the program itself, including additional services needed at sites (technology, translation, logistics, staff, etc.) is no longer dependable or available.
- The uncertain COVID-19 environment has limited our budget and staff capacity.
What happens to the families and individuals who used to come to United Way’s tax sites?
Register to be a Tax-Aide volunteer by filling out this online volunteer application.
Where do I find information on AARP tax sites?
Are there other United Way tax sites open nearby?
No. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, tax sites are closed but online options are available. United Way of King County has 100% online tax assistance available from Jan. 20 – April 18, 2021.
I need a copy of a previous year's return. Where can I get one?
Visit AARP Tax-Aide for more information.