Skip to main content

Free Tax Preparation

United Way of Snohomish County's Free Tax Preparation Campaign

In its 12th year, United Way of Snohomish County offered Free Tax Preparation Services to families and individuals who earned less than $66,000. In partnership with the IRS as part of their Volunteer Tax Assistance Program (VITA), United Way’s Free Tax Prep is designed to ensure that residents receive all the tax credits and deductions for which they are eligible.

Still need to file? Free options listed below:

  • AARP Tax Aide program
    • In-person preparation, same-day returns
    • Appointment based
    • Locations throughout Snohomish County
    • Must set up a location by going online, or calling the specific site location (site hours and contact info online)
      • Go online to to find the Tax Aide program, input your location to find the site closest to you
      • Call the location to make an appointment
    • No income limit
  • United Way of King County
  • Call 2-1-1
    • For other options, call 211 (or) 800.621.4636

We're no longer accepting new taxes.

Please note that, in order to have had your taxes prepared and filed at any of our sites, you needed to meet with a tax counselor by Saturday, April 7.

I want to check the status of my refund. How can I do that?

Once your return has been filed, you can check your refund status with the IRS' Where's My Refund tool.

I need a copy of a previous year's return. Where can I get one?

Obtain a copy from the IRS.


Contact or leave a message at 425.374.5530 and someone will get back to you.